The Allium Quattro F1 is a both a beautiful and delicious patio or garden perennial. The Allium Quattro F1 flowers beautifully in July for about 7 weeks. It has ball shaped purple flowers. These flowers also have a vase life of up to 3 weeks. An additional benefit is that the flowers have a great attraction on flower loving insects, such as bees and butterflies. But that is not all. The Allium Quattro has thick and tasteful leaves. The leaves taste like onion with a slight bit of garlic, which makes them a great addition to for example a salad. The leaves are about 2 cm thick with soft vines. Their wax coat makes them easily storable. The Allium Quattro F1 allows for continuous harvest from spring until September.
Growing Allium Quattro
- Suitable pot sizes: 12-22 cm / 4-9"
- Crop time from sowing to a saleable plant is 8-9 months
- Everlasting and does not spread
- Needs cold period to produce flowers and leaves
- Strong rootstock allows the plant to survive in hardiness zone 5 or -25 °C.